this year and hopefully this opportunity | Forum

Emne placering: Forum hjem » Veganskforum.dk » General Chat
LILY Jan 11

Vasilevskiy leads the NHL in wins (27) and shutouts (six), and ranks first in goals-against average (2.10) and save percentage (.933) among goalies who Graham Knott Authentic Jersey have played at least 20 games. If he finishes the season atop those categories, he will become the sixth goaltender in the NHL expansion era (since 1967-68) to do so, joining Carey Price of the Montreal Canadiens (2014-15), Bob Froese of the Philadelphia Flyers (1985-86), Ken Dryden of the Canadiens (1975-76, 1976-77), and Bernie Parent of the Flyers (1973-74). All but Froese won the Vezina in his big season. The Lightning (31-9-3) have been atop the NHL standings almost the entire season. "There's a lot of outstanding goaltenders in this league, but if you're asking me, he's a big reason why we stand where we do," Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper said. "I'm glad he's on our side of the fence." A panel of 18 Jeremy Roenick Authentic Jersey staff members voted Vasilevskiy the winner of the Vezina Trophy at midseason; he was first on 17 ballots. His 89 points put him ahead of Jonathan Quick of the Los Angeles Kings, who got the other first-place vote and was second with 55 points. Connor Hellebuyck of the Winnipeg Jets was third with 37 points, followed by Pekka Rinne of the Nashville Predators with 24 points. Vasilevskiy, selected by the Lightning with the No. 19 pick of the 2012 NHL Draft, spent most of the three previous seasons as Ben Bishop's backup, going from 16 games in 2014-15 to 24 games in 2015-16 to 32 games last Jonathan Toews Authentic Jersey season by the NHL Trade Deadline. After the Lightning traded Bishop to the Kings on Feb. 26, Vasilevskiy started 18 of their final 22 games, going 12-4-2 with a 2.27 GAA and .930 save percentage. "I've been saying, I thought he was going to be the top goalie in the League in a year or two, but he is right now," teammate Nikita Kucherov told the Tampa Bay Times. That strong play and heavy workload has carried into this season. Vasilevskiy has started 35 of 43 games, and Cooper said he isn't worried about overplaying him. "You look at Jordin Tootoo Authentic Jersey goaltenders in this league and the shape they're in, nobody is really breaking down because they are out of shape," he said. "These guys want to play, especially if you think our five-day break is coming up [starting Friday] … there are little spots in here where there are some breaks. We manage the amount of games he's going to play, but he's feeling like he's in good shape. If he ends up getting in the 60s [in games played], it's no different than what [Bishop] got when he was with us. He can more than handle it." Vasilevskiy said he feels fresh physically and is getting used to handling the mental grind of playing day after day.