finalist as the best defensive forward | Forum

Emne placering: Forum hjem » Veganskforum.dk » General Chat
LILY Jan 9

You've played six games since returning from offseason hip surgery. How are you faring so far and what did you do during your months of rehabilitation? "Obviously there's still some good days, some bad days, but I'm turning in the right direction. I was busy the whole day. I basically had a nine-to-five job, and it was tedious and it was taxing, and I just stayed patient through it all. "I probably Patrick Sharp Authentic Jersey had less time with the kids, actually. Usually I'm home from the rink at noon or 1:00 and then I wouldn't get home until 4 or 5 every day, so it was probably less time with them. But I got to do things with them that I wouldn't normally get to do if I was on the road and stuff, just going to my son's hockey games, going to my daughter's plays." Kesler tips home deflection Speaking of your son, Pierre Pilote Authentic Jersey Ryker, his goal against Carey Price in the skills competition was one of the highlights of the All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles. Almost a year later, how is Ryker's hockey coming along and do you ever watch the video of his goal against Price? "I think he's came off his high horse a little bit, so he's just grinding it out now. He knows I just want him to have fun and work hard, and that's all I tell him. "No, I don't, but I'm sure he does watch it on YouTube. But who knows? He was pretty excited. I think my whole family was pretty excited, it was just one of Richard Panik Authentic Jersey those things that was a cool experience for him and a cool experience for everyone." Between your videos with your teammates and Kevin Bieksa's skits, we get to see the lighter side of the Ducks. How important is it to get that across to the fans? "I think the Ducks do a pretty good job of showing our personalities. It's fun, obviously. People don't really know the player behind the person." By the standards Ryan Hartman Authentic Jersey of today's NHL, in which coaches like to tinker with lines game-to-game, or even period-to-period, your partnership with Cogliano and Silfverberg has stayed remarkably intact. Is that a sign of trust from coach Carlyle? "For our line, I think we're successful. And if we're successful, we kind of make it hard for the coach to move us. Our line's been pretty good, we're shutting down the other team's top line and creating offense as well, and it gives us a threat at both ends. Saturday was the first time this season that you, Getzlaf and Perry have been in the lineup at the same time. What does it say about the Ducks that they were able to stay in the race during your absence and the other injuries to top players? "I've said it before, everybody in this room stepped up. You get a Derek Grant that goes on the first line and has success. I think the two biggest reasons are (goaltenders) Ryan Miller and John Gibson. Those have been our two best players. We've really had players stepping up their games. "We think we have a pretty good room. I can't speak for the rest of the League, but I've been on some teams that have been really good and have really good rooms, and I think that coincides with success."